Something happens as we grow up. That innocent belief that you can do anything and be anyone slowly disappears. I'm not sure exactly when it happens. I do know it fades so slowly that it's likely you'll wake up one day and forget it was ever there. And if you're not careful, letting that happen will rob you of your desire to reach for the impossible.
UNFILLED, UNSATISFIED, AND UNREALIZED POTENTIAL
The net result of a life lived below your capacity is one that is unfilled, unsatisfied, and full of unrealized potential. You were created for more. And no matter how far along you are in life, there is still time to accept your great adventure.
If you are someone who ...
- Wants more out of life than just a job
- Believes you were created to accomplish something special and unique
- Desires to find a way to leave your mark on the world in a meaningful way
… then you must stop faking your way through life. Stop pretending to be someone you're not. All the self-talk in the world will never silence that still, small voice within you that serves as a reminder you were made for more than just going through the motions.
MEANT FOR MORE
Successful people aren't any different than you. They simply understand the source of their motivation, and that helps them push through the resistance they encounter on their way to what is most important to them. They are true to their calling. You must never lose sight of this, no matter how dark or dangerous your path becomes.
What does it mean to fake your way through life?
- You give up your dreams because you think they are impossible.
- You allow the expectations of others to set your boundaries.
- You settle for less than what you know you can accomplish.
If that's you, don't beat yourself up. That's the last thing you need to do. Instead, you need to recognize you were not meant to fake your way through life. If you realize this, you will be able to sustain the energy necessary to accomplish something truly significant and meaningful.
YOUR DESTINY REQUIRES YOUR BEST
If you know you're faking your way through life, what do you do now?
· Start believing in yourself again. No one can do this for you.
· Grab a notebook and start writing down the things you need to change to stop faking your way through life. Get it out of your head and onto paper. It may seem tedious, but it helps make it tangible and real.
· Find a mentor, pastor, or coach to establish a source of encouragement and accountability as you plan some massive changes in your life. Everyone needs someone like this in their life.
· Take one step toward your destiny every day. Life is not a sprint but a test of endurance.
No matter where you are in life, you can decide today to reconnect with your passion and find the drive and motivation you need to make your mark on the world. I believe you were created to solve a unique problem in the world. The world needs you to fulfill your destiny.
Whether you are an accountant, builder, business professional, pastor, or educator, a life lived to the fullest is a life that is fully lived. Don't settle for anything less.